Ortho Spine Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation
About Ortho Spine Physiotherapy
- Physiotherapy is a healthcare profession primarily concerned with remediation of Impairments and disabilities, Promotion of mobility and functional ability, Improving quality of life.
- Physiotherapists work in a wide variety of health settings such as musculoskeletal, neurosciences, respiratory and care of the elderly.
- We at Ortho Spine Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation department work with the multidisciplinary team of healthcare providers to provide holistic care that is aligned with our patients goals.
- We at ONP hospital, Ortho Spine Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation are specialized in spine care & musculoskeletal problems
- We are treating more than 10,000 patients per year with spine problems.
- All patients are treated with manual therapy and exercise therapy. All patients showed excellent recovery and living active life. Our doctors are specially trained in manual therapy for spine.
- Each patient is assessed individually and accordingly treatment protocol is design.
- Personal attention is given to each patient by our doctors.
- Patient who has back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, knee pain or any other musculoskeletal problems can directly come to the Physiotherapy department.
- Secondary referral is not required of any doctor for Physiotherapy.
We use a multimodal approach in the management of spine problem, a wide range of treatment techniques such as
- Manual therapy
- Exercise therapy
- Ergonomics & Postural Correction
- Manual Therapy introduces new concept to the body giving the opportunity to heal itself. It adds, “Life to years” as opposed to. “Years to life”.
- In manual therapy, we stick to the notion that positive environment plus positive attitude and equally positive result.
- Manual therapy is defined as a clinical approach utilizing skilled, specific hands-on techniques, including but not limited to manipulation/mobilization, used by the physical therapist to diagnose and treat soft tissues and joint structures for the purpose of modulating pain; increasing range of motion (ROM); reducing or eliminating soft tissue inflammation; inducing relaxation; improving contractile and non-contractile tissue repair, extensibility, and/or stability; facilitating movement; and improving function.
- Manual therapy consists of manipulations and mobilizations via various accessory glides of different skeletal joints through the hands of a skilled Physiotherapist in the form of single controlled High velocity thrusts beyond the physiological range but within anatomical range or Small amplitude accessory glides within physiological range.
- Various manual therapy techniques such as Mckenzie, Maitland, Mulligan, PNF, MFR, Stretching and tapping techniques are incorporated in the treatment program inorder to relieve pain, improve mobility & flexibility.
- Exercise Therapy is a regimen or plan of physical activities designed and prescribed for specific therapeutic goals. Its purpose is to work towards the restoration of normal musculoskeletal function or to reduce pain above and below the site of injury caused by diseases or injuries through muscle re-education, gait training and therapeutic activities.
- Therapeutic exercises refers to a wide range of physical activities that focuses on restoring and maintaining strength, endurance, flexibility, stability, and balance.
- The goal of therapeutic exercises is to return an injured patient to a fully functioning, pain-free state.
- The first objective of therapeutic exercise is to help the body reduce pain and inflammation.
- Once this is achieved, the exercise program focuses on regaining range of motion and rebuilding muscle strength and endurance.
- Exercise programs are designed specifically as per the condition, exercises are aimed towards strengthening the weak muscle and stretching the tight muscles and developing endurance.
- Exercises that may be included in a therapeutic program include:
Strengthening exercises, usually performed with heavy resistance and fewer repetitions.
Endurance exercises that engage large muscle groups over a longer period of time.
Flexibility exercises achieved through stretching and movement.
Balance and co-ordination exercises that focus on maintaining an individual’s center of gravity.
- Electricity has been used to treat pain for over 100 years. Early proponents of electricity were labeled as charlatans, but recent scientific studies have proven that electricity can reduce both acute and chronic pain.
- Electrical stimulation may directly block transmission of pain signals along nerves. In addition, electrical stimulation has been shown to promote the release of endorphins, which are natural painkillers produced by the body.
- The various modalities used in electrotherapy are IFT, TENS, US, mechanical traction helps to relieve pain, improve blood circulation and promote healing.
Ergonomics & Postural Correction
- Pune is the IT- hub with most of the professionals working in software companies.
- We see most of the software professionals with neck or back pain between the age group of 22 – 35 years, because of poor posture and ergonomics.
- We at Ortho Spine Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation, correct posture and modify the patients ergonomics depending on his work.
Ortho Spine Rehab Team
|Dr Fatema Parasnis B.Sc (Occuptional Therapy), M.S (Psychotherapy & Counselling), HOD, Ortho Spine Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation, ONP Hospital.||Dr Dharmesh Solanki (P.T) MPT (Ortho), CMP, MIAP, MMTFI (Certified Mulligan Practitioner), Ortho Spine Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation, ONP Hospital.|
|Dr Neha Gaggar (P.T) MPT (Ortho), CCE, MIAP, Ortho Spine Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation, ONP Hospital.||Dr Reema Chachra (P.T) MPT (Ortho), CPT (ACSM), CCE, MIAP, Ortho Spine Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation, ONP Hospital.|
|Dr Sibina Sathian (P.T) BPTh, MIAP, MMTFI Ortho Spine Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation, ONP Hospital.|